The FWBO/TBMSG owns a large, beautiful and well-placed piece of land in Bodh Gaya - the centre of the Buddhist world.
After some years of preparation and planning, we are seeking to develop both the land itself and many activities based on it.
Our vision is to provide facilities for all people - Biharis, Indians and foreign visitors - to have access to the Buddha-Dhamma, with especial welcome to the new Buddhist followers of Dr. Ambedkar. Beyond this we aspire to bring the light of the Buddha's realization to all those who come to Bodhgaya.
More specifically, we intend to implement the original vision of Sangharakshita when he instigated the purchase of the land in Bodhgaya 13 years ago. He had the following aims in mind:
1. To establish a resident practice community consisting of Indians and Europeans.
2. Guest facilities for people wishing to come and join the practice, thereby coming into contact with FWBO / TBMSG.
3. Special retreats and courses organized.
4. A library with all FWBO/TBMSG materials.
5. A pilgrimage centre for FWBO/TBMSG.
6. A special welcome for Indian people and the Buddhist followers of Dr. Ambedkar during April - June, the holiday season in India.
7. A social project started on the basis of assessment of local needs.
We are appealing for donations to help us realise this vision. There is no 'target' as we will simply do what we can with what we have. 10 pounds would be welcome, 100,000 pounds would be welcome. If you'd like to know more, please contact Amitasuri at feeyule[at]gmail.com
Yashobhadra, Kumarjeev, Lokamitra, Nissoka, Lokabandhu, and Amitashuri
(the FWBO/TBMSG Bodh Gaya Project Team)
PS: Donating through Justgiving is quick, easy and totally secure. It's also the most efficient way to sponsor us: we'll get your money faster and, if you're a UK taxpayer, Justgiving makes sure 25% in Gift Aid, plus a 3% supplement, are added to your donation. The money will be transferred via FWBO (Dhammaloka), a UK-based FWBO charity.
Fundraising for our land at Bodh Gaya
Fundraising for Dhammaloka
We fund Dhamma projects in India to help wisdom & compassion spread in India