The Yellow-shouldered Amazon parrot is threatened with extinction on Bonaire, but the team at Echo is working to ensure that doesn't happen!
Just over 1,000 parrots remain on the Caribbean island of Bonaire. The World Parrot Trust's partner organization Echo, is working to provide solutions to aid their conservation.
Efforts to protect this species include:
- Reducing illegal poaching of parrot chicks
- Rescuing illegal pet parrots and injured parrots
- Inspiring appreciation for parrots and nature through community outreach and eco-tourism
- Restoring the dry forest where the parrots live
- Controlling invasive Africanized bees that take over nests
With your support Echo will continue the conservation work of the incredible Yellow-shouldered Amazon Parrot and its ecosystem on Bonaire.
Will you help protect the parrots?
Please, donate today!