After five years, the £4 million Heritage Lottery and Big Lottery Funded Boultham Park Restoration Project in Lincoln is coming to an end and, to celebrate all that has been achieved in this time, Linkage Community Trust and the City of Lincoln Council are holding an Opening Celebration on Saturday 19th May from 10:30am to approximately 8pm.
This day has been chosen as it is very close to the park’s 89th birthday and it is also a special day for many with this being the day of the Royal Wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle and the FA Cup Final. With this in mind both of these events will be shown on a large screen at Boultham Park, and there will be games and activities for young people throughout the day.
So why not bring a chair or picnic blanket and come along and enjoy Boultham Park? There will be food vendors and the Boultham Park Café and Glasshouse will also be open for the day.
Timetable for the day
Food stalls include:
* Right on ‘Q’ Mobile & Event Catering
* The Cocoa Caravan
* Party delights…
* Lincoln City FC Imps in the Community with goal and Checkatrade trophy
* Lincoln & District Model Engineering Society Ltd with a miniature railway
* Lincolnshire Road Transport Museum with a 1929 vintage bus
* Face painting
* Scavenger hunt
* Music from Linkage Voices and The Snogs…
Community stalls from:
* Voluntary Centre Services
* Lincolnshire Wildlife Trust
* Linkage Adult Skills
* Linkage Charity Shop
* Boultham Park Glasshouse
* Lincolnshire Gardens Trust
* Survey of Lincoln…