Canopius Abseil Challenge!
On September the 14th, Team Canopius (Richard Revill, Adam Timms, Will Monelle, Cobus Breytenbach, Marek Shafer, Tim Lister, Jamie Martin, Jack Jarvis) will be abseiling off of the top of the Cheese Grater (all 737 feet of it…) in aid of Sarcoma UK, our Canopius charity of the year - https://sarcoma.org.uk/. The event is also in conjunction with the Lord Mayor’s Appeal - https://www.thelordmayorsappeal.org/
We’re taking on this challenge because we are passionate about the charities we’re raising money for but also because our Chairman, Mr Michael Watson, sponsored us and it was tricky to say no.
The good news is, you don’t have to miss out! We have 8 more spots to abseil with us, and we’ll be raffling them off for just £10 a ticket! The rules of the raffle are –
- 1) £10 = 1 ticket, or 5 tickets for £40!
- 2) You may buy as many as you like!
- 3) Please buy your tickets through this page!
- 4) The tickets do not have to be for you. Do you have any colleagues that you think deserve the opportunity to abseil off of the 4th tallest building in London? If you do, simply buy them as many tickets as you want and leave their name in the comments section of your donation. (You should probably let them know that you’ve done so….)
- 5) Please make sure you leave a name and email address when making the donation (as per the comments below), otherwise we won’t be able to contact the winners. No anonymous donations please
- 6) If for some reason your name has been put into the raffle and you do not want to be in the draw, a reasonable charitable donation can release you from the obligation!
All proceeds go to the charities mentioned above, and remember; it’s just a raffle! No one is going to make you do anything you don’t want to do. And chances are, you won’t win…..probably
Please feel free to forward this on to anyone that you think would be interested!
If you do win, the T&Cs are as below -
- I am not aware of any medical condition or any other reason why I should not participate in this event.
- I am not going to be over 18 stone (114kg) on the day of the event
- I declare that I will be 18 years or over on 14/09/2018 and I agree to take part in this event at my own risk. To the extent permitted by law, neither The Lord Mayor's Appeal nor its sponsors, contractors, suppliers and agents be liable for any loss, damage, death, illness or injury whatsoever directly or indirectly occasioned by or resulting from this event. The Lord Mayor's Appeal reserves the right to alter the date or timings of the event.