Anyone who knows me will remember that I have always maintained that I can't run to the end of the street. It seems that this is no longer the truth.
My training is going well and I'm up to the 10 mile point. Who would have thought it!!
So gang this is why I'm doing it:
The MY Hospitals Charity is a young charity. It was launched in 2018 and strives to support the Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust in providing added extras above and beyond NHS funding provision for the benefit of our patients.
In 2018/19 the charity successfully
- supported refurbishment works in Radiology
- purchased a Thera-vital exercise bike for the Spinal Injuries Unit
- created relatives overnight suites at Pinderfields Hospital
- funded a Burns Unit camp residential for children and families affected by burns
- funded £25,000 pressure relieving equipment
- funded £149,000 investment to Dewsbury & District Hospital to support renovation work involving the radiology suites which are now dementia friendly
In 2019/20 the charity will continue to support the dementia support team in their quest to raise £25,000 for reminiscence software and general purpose funds to provide support for various other projects across the Trust.
Every donation made is a small step towards achieving these goals. We know that 'small steps make big strides'.
Many thanks to everyone who donates, I truly appreciate it.