Reasons why I am taking part in the Great North Run raising money for Cancer Research :
· One in three of us will get cancer at some point in our lives
· One in two (54%) female deaths under 65 years old is due to cancer
· More that ¼ of a million people are diagnosed with cancer each year in the
· The overall death rate for cancer has fallen by 11% in the last ten years
· Hundreds of thousands of people have beaten the disease thanks to new treatments developed by Cancer Research
· Cancer Research is the world’s leading independent organisation dedicated to cancer research. Their ground-breaking work on all aspects of cancer is helping more people beat it every year
I am running for Cancer Research in memory of my great aunt Kate who died earlier this year due to breast cancer. I was both shocked and hurt to see the way in which her quality of life was slowly taken from her and how in the end her health deteriorated so abruptly due to this terrible disease. Although Kate put up a miraculous fight against cancer and surpassed by far the length of time that the doctors told her she had left to live, the disease spread to many of her other major organs and eventually overcame her despite her excellent fighting spirit.
I believe that through sponsoring me on the BUPA Great North Run and giving money to cancer research you have the amazing opportunity to make a difference in memory of my great aunt Kate for the millions of people who are affected by the reality of this horrible disease in the . It is through dedicated charities such as Cancer Research that we have the opportunity to make serious advances not only in the field of treatments for cancer patients but also to work towards the cure. On top of increasing the quality of life that cancer patients can hope to experience these days, these charities are providing hope for future generations.
Donating through this site is simple, fast and secure. It is also the most efficient way to sponsor me: Cancer Research will receive your money faster and, if you are a taxpayer, an extra 28% in tax will be added to your gift at no cost to you.
Please sponsor me now!
Thank you for your support.