Thanks for taking the time to visit my page.
In July myself and some others from Knights Youth Center will be going on an amazing trip to Sri Lanka to volunteer over there helping out in the less fortunate communities and helping the people in those communities. This includes
- teaching English to the young people and adults
- working (alongside local tradesmen) on a range of practical tasks which will improve the quality of life. This will include upgrading the village orphanage and installing flushing toilets.
- supporting the local women in developing their basket making business.
- educating the Sri Lankans in a range of games and sports
- experience will change the lives of the young people going to Sri Lanka, but could transform the lives of the people living in Rathmale.
Here are some ideas how your kind donation will be spent. If you want to give a different amount, please do.
£10 will provide a day of games and sports for 35 children
£20 will provide an afternoon teaching English to 25 children
£50 will provide a day's labour walking 20km to collect palm leaves so the women can generate more income
£100 will provide one bunk bed for two orphans
£250 will provide two communal flushing toilets for 65 people to use
Thank you for donating. It really will make a difference!!!!!