Hi all, thank you for visiting our JustGiving page.
As some of you may be aware Leia and I have decided to organise a charity ball. We hope this will be the start of many more fundraising events for charitable causes but we wanted to start our venture off with the Child’s i foundation. We have decided to create a JustGiving page for those of you who will not be able to attend but would still like to make a donation.
The Child’s i Foundation is based in Uganda where over 50,000 children have been placed in orphanages by their impoverished families in hopes of a better life for their children, 80% of which have at least one living parent.
Research has shown that orphanages often cause serious harm. As a result, the Child's i Foundation aims to provide care, rebuild family support systems and repurpose orphanages in communities so that every child grows up safe and in a loving family.
Through your support we can achieve the following:
- £15 could pay for foster care for a week
- £20 could pay for follow up visits from social workers providing support for vulnerable families
- £45 could provide a child mattress and bedding
- £100 could buy an emergency bundle for a family struggling to keep their children
- £800 could get one child out of an orphanage into a loving family.
Please visit the following link to purchase tickets for the charity ball: