Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
The Seven Summits are the highest mountains on each of the Seven Continents.
I am a vascular / renal transplant surgeon at UHCW NHS Trust, Coventry and have had a passion for climbing since my teens. I have been fortunate enough to climb all over the world from the sea cliffs of Scotland to volcanoes of Chile. I have managed to combine my interest in high altitude with research often complementing my clinical interests.
My Seven Summit Story
1. In 1988, on our honeymoon, we climbed KILIMANJARO, 5,895m the highest peak in Africa.
2. In 1990, with the Birmingham Medical Research Expeditionary Society, I climbed ACONCAGUA, 6,959m, the highest peak in South America.
3. In 2007, with the Caudwell Xtreme Everest Expedition I climbed EVEREST, 8,848m the highest peak in Asia. Numerous scientific papers came out of this expedition, some of which have subsequently impacted on the care of patients.
4. In 2011, with friends from the Xtreme group we climbed DENALI, 6,194m. This is the highest peak in North America. Climbing in Alaska has it own specific challenges of cold, isolation and altitude.
5. In 2015, I travelled through the jungles of West Papua to climb CARSTENZ PYRAMID or Puncak Jaya, 4,884m. This is the highest peak in Oceania.
6. I climbed ELBRUS, my sixth of the seven summits, in May 2018. Elbrus (5,642m). The peak was challenging to access, being remote, high and cold. We used ski mountaineering techniques.
7. This leaves MOUNT VINSON in Anarctica 4,892m to complete the seven.
I am raising money for the Circulation Foundation - the major charity for peripheral vascular disease and supported by the Vascular Society @VSGBI
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.