It is coming to the end of summertime and some horses have not fattened up on grass and they will struggle going into winter.
Many horses will be having their last few weeks of
time in the fresh air before winter turnout is restricted and many will be
brought into dark damp barns for the whole of the winter.
Winter is the busiest season for Communities for Horses, with welfare calls coming in thick and fast. Are you able to support us, please consider supporting horses in need this winter.
- We work with horse owning communities to address and prevent mismanagement, cruelty and suffering of equines.
- We provide equine welfare education in horse owning communities through innovative programmes for children and adults. These include vet days, training programmes, community events and children-focussed fun events.
- We provide support for horse owners and concerned members of the public regarding equine welfare, including running a telephone helpline. We seek to facilitate sustainable resolutions to some of the problems faced by urban and marginalised horse owning communities, for example our community grazing project.
- We work with other organisations, whether they exist to help humans or animals, to address the causes of problems in our community at the cause.
- We monitor our impact to ensure that we are as effective as we can be. We share our experiences with other organisations and provide mentoring and training opportunities to those who want to learn about working in an ethical, constructive way in the community.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.