To raise money for CLIC Sargent, we will be cycling between three of the Cripps Pemberton Greenish offices and then on to Paris! This mammoth 350km ride is being taken on by 15 members of staff (Claire Durkin, Craig Bowers, Dan Marques, Gavin Tyler, Hannah Proctor, Joanne Searle, Kevin Finlayson, Kat Rogers, Leanne Knebel, Lauren Warner, Nick Austen, Olivier Morel, Pete Kenyon, Sofia Cortes and Zoe Cartner) who are all passionate about the CLIC Sargent cause.
CLIC Sargent fights tirelessly to stop cancer destroying young lives, there are six main ways CLIC Sargent provide help:
1. CLIC Sargent provide day to day support for children and their families from the moment of diagnosis.
2. As if a cancer diagnosis isn’t tough enough, the financial impact of cancer can be devastating. Research shows parents spend an average of £600 more every month when their child has cancer. Lots of travel for treatment, hotels, extra heating costs at home. It soon adds up, causing further anxiety and worry.
CLIC Sargent care teams work with young people and families to help them get vital financial support including grants and help them get the benefits and other support they’re entitled to.
3. Treatment is exhausting and often happens for months at a time, far away from home. Travelling for treatment not only adds to the exhaustion; it’s expensive too. CLIC Sargent help to reduce that burden. Their nursing teams can provide personal care and support at home, or arrange for treatment to be given closer to home. They also have CLIC Sargent Homes from Home close to hospitals, where families can stay during treatment for free. These reduce the financial cost and emotional impact of cancer, keeping families together when it matters most.
4. Cancer shatters young cancer patients’ education, social lives and future prospects. They need support not just to survive cancer but to finish treatment with their future in their grasp. We help them get their lives back on track, both during and after treatment.
Our team of professionals work with children and young people to limit the damage of cancer. We support young cancer patients emotionally – building their resilience so they can continue to learn, regain their confidence and be inspired to think beyond cancer.
5. Hearing your child isn’t going to get better is every parent’s worst nightmare. CLIC Sargent help young cancer patients and families prepare for death, if the unthinkable happens.
CLIC Sargent encourage them to think about how the child or young person can be remembered and help them deal with their worries. Their care teams provide bereavement support through home visits, local support groups and memory days. They do this to help children, young people and their families find a way to cope with the emotional pain.
6. Too often, young cancer patients and their families don’t get the support they need from the government. CLIC Sargent listen to them, basing their research and campaigning on what the young cancer patients and their families tell us to ensure we make the right change happen. And then CLIC Sargent fight on their behalf. They do this through extensive research and by campaigning for policy change in the things which matter most to them.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.