Your friends are fundraising. Don't miss out, opt in.

144 %
£724.87
raised of £500 target
by 50 supporters
Donate
Dani Hickey avatar
Dani Hickey

Dani's page

Fundraising for St Joseph's Hospice Hackney

144 %
£724.87
raised of £500 target
by 50 supporters
Donate

St Joseph's Hospice Hackney

We provide the highest quality hospice care to help people live their lives to the full

Charity Registration No. 1113125

Story

On 21st June 2015 I will be cycling 60 miles from London to Brighton (God help me!) to raise money for a truly amazing Hospice. On 31st May 2013 we lost my Auntie May to a brain tumour. As she approached the last couple of weeks of her life, we were glad that at least she would be able to spend them in the wonderful hospice that is St Joseph's. The level of care and attention she received during her short time there, was second to none. The staff were wonderful and made us all feel comfortable and at ease. For those wondering why I want raise money for this hospice, here's a little known fact: Hospices receive 100% of NHS patients but receive less than 25% of their funding from the NHS, meaning that they are responsible for raising the other 75% themselves. This runs into millions per year. I know I won't be raising millions but every penny counts and I will be proud to hand over a cheque to them once I've completed my bike ride. So please be as generous as you can and support me in raising as much as possible for this worthy cause. Thank you. 

Photos

1

Supporters

50