Primary Ciliary Dyskinesia (PCD) is an inherited, relatively rare condition associated with the abnormality of cilia (microscopic hairs that beat in the airways, sweeping secretions out of the respiratory tract). PCD may affect the lungs, nose, sinuses, ears and fertility. The condition involves recurrent infections in the nose, ears, sinuses and lungs.
The PCD Family Support Group was formed in 1991 to:
- Provide support to patients and their carers who have, or are suspected of having, PCD
- Bring PCD to the attention of medics who may come across PCD and continue to provide an up to date information service for them and the general public
- To promote research to aid diagnosis and treatment of patients with PCD
- Support the NHS and other bodies to ensure patients have access to diagnostic services and on-going care
- Fundraise to support the above activities
Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.