Thanks for taking the time to visit our JustGiving page.
We want to raise as much money as we're able for Mind, covering Hackney, the City and Waltham Forest. Mind does fantastic work to provide support and advocacy for those experiencing mental health difficulties and their families, and can be a real lifeline in the lives of many at some of their hardest times. The need for its services is pretty critical, in Hackney especially, so your contributions will make a real difference.
We have a personal passion for this cause, and care where your money goes, as do Mind, so below we hope to give you an indication of what can be done with your donations:
- £15 can fund a volunteer to facilitate a wellbeing session
- £23 could fund 16 people to take part in a 1 hour mindfulness session with an experienced, trained practitioner
- £50 could fund a dedicated advice session at the local GP surgery or CMHT
- £400 could fund a refurbished library at the Recovery College
- £1,000 could fund Mind's Peer Leadership Programme for one year, recruiting, supporting and training one Peer Leader (knowledgeable by experience in mental ill health) to become a group facilitator
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.
We're really grateful for anything you can give, and will keep you updated on how we get on.