Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
There are 4.6m young people in the UK living in poverty or with a disability. Through the continued expansion of our programmes we’re working towards reducing these numbers.
We are creating more opportunities than ever before for young people from deprived areas and those with disabilities to engage in sport and recreation in their local communities.
We measure our impact by the 'sporting chances' we create.What is a sporting chance?
- It’s the chance to interact, play and train
- The chance to compete, win and lose
- The chance to learn, have fun and make friends
Every time our work directly impacts the life of a young person, we create a new sporting chance for them.
Our latest Impact Report illustrates the difference we have made in 2017.
This year we have:
- Provided 3,931 coaching sessions across both of our disability cricket programmes
- Given 7,811 young people with disabilities the chance to play cricket through our disability cricket programmes
- Seen nearly 600 young people take part in our Wicketz programme on a weekly basis
- Recycled over 4,100 items of kit to 14 countries
- Donated 43 minibuses
- Installed 42 sensory and play equipment facilities
- Donated 73 sports wheelchairs
is to enhance the lives of disadvantaged and disabled young people through sport and recreationOur programmes
support some of the most marginalised and at risk young people in the UKWe create
a range of opportunities for young people from deprived areas and those with disabilities to engage in sport and recreational activities in their local communitiesOur outcomes
- Increase opportunities for regular participation
- Motivate young people to engage in sport
- Improve health, social and psychological wellbeing
- Empower volunteers, coaches and teachers to deliver training sessions
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.