Dhyano's 'my first 20 years in UK'
I'm Walking And Performing for ShelterBox because ... I Want To Make This Year Meaningful
We provide emergency shelter and vital aid to support families overwhelmed by disaster
Charity Registration No. 1096479
I feel like doing something important to make this year memorable and meaningful and I've chosen to fundraise for Shelter Box because, this year more then ever, every step I take when I go for a walk, I think of those who walk away from war and I think of how they must feel when they finally manage to reach a Refugee Camp where they can find a Shelter Box.
So this is what I'm doing:
1. First action: walk the Coast to Coast walk from St Bees to Robin Hood Bay in August. 190 miles. DONE in 17 days: August the 9th to 25th
2. A series of impromptu performances during the St. Ives Festival from 9th to 23rd September
3. An experimental Sound-Poetry Performance show at the Boathouse Theatre Tuesday the 26th at 8pm
4. An experimental Multimedia Poetry Performance at the Upstairs Theatre, St Ives Arts Club Friday 29th September at 8.30pm
5. Performance art and refreshments in Salt House Gallery 2, for "Dance on Top of the world" exhibition By Deborah H. Lewis. Norway Sq, St Ives, Saturday 23rd September 6.30 to 8.30pm
6. Performance Art and refreshments for Paul Wadsworth's exhibition at the Cript Gallery Norway Sq St Ives. Saturday 30th September 6.30pm.
Please show your support by helping me raise £570, the cost of a Box.
By November 27th (the date I moved to UK for good 20 years ago) I will have walked 1km for each £ you donate.
Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.