We currently have 2,812 donkeys and mules in care residing at our sanctuaries in the UK and on average it costs £2,465 per donkey per year. This represents all costs to the Sanctuary such as feed, vets, farriers, staff and building maintenance.
How much does it cost?
- Donating £10 can make up a warm and dry bed for more rescued donkeys in our care. A special bed made from soft wood shavings can help to ease the feet of donkeys recovering from painful foot conditions.
- Donating £16 can give donkeys a special high-fibre feed twice a day, at breakfast and at teatime. These special meal times allow our carers to get closer to the donkeys and to work gently at building confidence and developing trust.
- Donating £26 can give an abandoned donkey relief from painful hooves. Donkeys’ hooves need to be checked and trimmed regularly by the farrier to ensure they are in good condition and free from pain.
- Donating £40 can provide rescued donkeys with comfort from painful teeth. Many abandoned donkeys suffer with poor teeth, making it difficult for them to eat and stay healthy. A visit to the equine dentist can turn their lives around, enabling them to eat in comfort.
- Donating £50 can give our rescued donkeys an essential veterinary examination.
On behalf of all the donkeys, we would like to thank you for your help.