Alexander Richardson was a happy, healthy and very cheeky 17 month
old who had just learned to walk before his death. There is no reason why he
suddenly died in his sleep. His Mum now lives with a constant fear that her
other children could suddenly and without warning die...
The Lullaby Trust is the UK's leading baby charity aiming to prevent unexpected deaths in infancy and promote infant health. They offer support to those who have been affected by Sudden Infant Death Syndrome by:
· Funding research
· Disseminating information on infant health, baby care and sudden infant deaths to health professionals and the general public
· Working with professionals to improve investigations when a baby dies
The services offered include:
· A Helpline for parents, carers and health professionals and bereaved families
· A wide range of publications and resources on reducing the risk of cot death and safe baby care
· A network of trained befrienders to support bereaved families
· A busy programme of training, events and Family Days Out throughout the UK
· The Care of Next Infant (CONI) Scheme, with the NHS, to support bereaved families when they have subsequent babies.
Check out http://www.alexanderscharityball.co.uk/ or Nicola's facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/100kChallenge2015 if you'd like more info on our efforts to raise 100k for this charity (within a year!) - linked in with this is my GNR total from last year, plus my Boxing money from last year.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Once you donate, your money will be sent directly to the charity. Please don't forget to tick for Gift Aid if you are a Tax Payer!