Thanks for taking the time to visit the Dove Step 3.1 JustGiving page.
Dove Step 2 saw us enact our version of a triathlon – a 700 mile sea kayak, cycle and walk. This time it’s a duathlon; a cycle – run effort taking us to Spurn and specifically Migfest.
Dove Step 3.1 will see Nick Moran and myself cycle 160 miles from Thetford to Migfest at Spurn – around 50 miles further than either of us has cycled in one day before.
Then, the next day run 26.2 miles – a marathon.
We will be joined by our support crew; Mr Malcolm Fairley (of Dove Step 3 and U.K. bird watching infamy) and Mr Charlie Moores (long distance cyclist and natural world broadcaster).
A challenge should be that – challenging.
We have no idea how our bodies will feel at the 100 or indeed 150 mile mark of the cycle… then no guarantee our legs will be in a state to run the next day.
Why are we doing this? A number of reasons:
- We should all go to Migfest! The late great Martin Garner and Andy Roadhouse have a left a legacy which is the bird watching event of the year.
- To boost this years Dove Step fundraising.
- Migfest is a celebration of migrants and the monitoring of migration by the BTO, SBOT and humble bird watchers like you and I. Turtle Doves are a star migrant!
- To remind you to log your Turtle Dove records so that they’re available for conservation; via BirdTrack.
- So you don’t forget Turtle Doves and you don’t forget Dove Step.
For full details please check out the blog.
All funds raised will be donated to the North Yorkshire Turtle Dove Project. NYTDP work with farmers in the North York Moors National Park and Howardian Hills AONB to increase the scale and quality of habitats for Turtle Doves. 100% of the funds raised will be spent on Turtle Dove conservation; wild flower plots for seed food, pond management and/or scrub planting for nest sites’ For more information on the project see the North York Moors National Park Turtle Dove Project blog Click Here.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.