- The refugee crisis is claiming lives and help is needed urgently.
- It has been 1 year since we started this initiative. We reached our target one year ago... But I think we could revive this initiative and donations - the problem in Syria and the refugees crisis has only got worse!
- We are aiming to get to £10,000 this year, so raising another £5,000 in 2016!
- We are a group of research economists appealing to fellow economists to rise similarly to the humanitarian challenge by pledging one hour of their pay to support the Red Cross in its efforts to help refugee families on the ground.
- By donating one hour's pay, lawyers have raised over £200,000 in 2015 to assist refugees (see https://www.justgiving.com/BillableHour). They are conducting another fundraising effort this year.
- Please donate and pass it on!
One Hour's Pay
We are raising money for The British Red Cross Society because of the work they do helping refugee families.
The British Red Cross, a charity incorporated by Royal Charter 1908, helps people in crisis, whoever and wherever they are. And when the crisis is over, we help them to recover and move on with their lives.
Charity Registration No. England/Wales 220949, Scotland SC037738 & IOM 0752