On the 8th September I'll be doing the Great North Run in aid of CHICKS Charity:
CHICKS provides free respite breaks for children from across the UK who are aged 8-15, and who may be living in poverty, suffering bereavement, bullying or abuse or have caring responsibilities for loved ones.
I've been lucky enough to volunteer for CHICKS on a break and have seen first-hand the impact it has on the children. For many of the children, it is the first time they have tried activities we often take for granted. I witnessed children swim, rock climb, and ride a horse for the first time, and it was rewarding to see them react to encouragement as they gained confidence to try new things.
I would encourage you to donate anything you can to help.
- £10 can provide a Memory bag filled with treasured momentos to remind a child of their time at CHICKS
- £49 can provide food for the delicious home-cooked meals a child will enjoy
- £120 would pay for the fun-filled activities a child will remember for years to come
- £350 can pay for a group of 16 children to have a wet and wild kayaking session
- £1,008 is the cost of sending a child on a break
I will also be doing the run in a chicken costume to raise awareness of the charity.
Thanks in advance.