The Amazing Cause - The Royal School for the Blind (SeeAbility)
Following the successful expedition trek to Everest Base Camp from last year I decided to take on a bigger challenge and summit Kilimanjaro. Yes, I am taking on a new challenge and this time I am embarking on an amazing adventure for a cause very close to my heart. I am fundraising for SeeAbility, the extraordinary charity I work for.
Through this extreme challenge I truly hope to raise awareness and money for our charitable organisation and support the fantastic work See Ability does for the individuals. Your donations will help enhance the wellbeing of our tenants and residents. So be generous, dig deep in your pockets and let’s help the amazing individuals we support to have a better integration in the community and become even more independent in their everyday life.
Show your support by donating money towards this amazing cause ... you will officially become a part of this event and you will be included in the sponsorship recognition list. Your generosity will contribute to enhance the lives of the individuals our charity supports.
The Challenge - Mt Kilimanjaro
The challenge will be harder than anything I have done before, mainly because the summit, 'Uhuru Peak' is situated at 5,895 above sea level. This will make the climb more difficult as we will go higher and the oxygen will be reduced by more than 50%.
Mount Kilimanjaro is a dormant volcano in Tanzania and is the highest mountain in Africa. Kilimanajro is one of the seven summits of the world and it has been part of many scientific studies due to its shrinking glaciers. It is believed the ice fields from the top will disappear in the next 50 years or so. Moreover, during the ascend we will go through 5 unique ecosystems and we will encounter freezing temperatures while camping and trekking.
Sponsorship Recognition List (updated 09.10.2018):
Thank you so much for you support and generosity. You are truly amazing people!
- Howlett Associates (Paul O'Brien) - www.howlettassociates.co.uk
- Clinicare/NHG (Rod Ware) - www.clinicaresupplies.com; www.nh-group.co.uk
- CJ Construction Surrey Ltd (Dean, James, Stacey) - www.cjconstructionltd.com
- Abstract Construction (Marian Dinu) - www.abstractconstruction.co.uk
- Copping Joyce Surveyors (Jessica Rivas-Furlong) - www.coppingjoyce.co.uk
- Clark Associates (Will Clark) - www.ricsfirms.com/office/016885/Clark-Associates
- Sivatech (Ian Watson) - www.sivatech.co.uk
- Gemini AMPM Ltd (John Newman) - www.geminifire.co.uk
- Allsop and Francis (Ben Bishop) - www.allsopandfrancis.com
- Fortnum Group (Marianne Advani) - www.fortnumgroup.co.uk
- Eco Mechanical Services (Alan Webb) - www.ecomec.co.uk
- Summit Elevators (Liam Collier) - www.summitelevators.co.uk
- Fresh Look Property Services (Peter Salter) - www.freshlookpropertyservices.com
- Across Services (Angus Dalrymple) - www.accro.uk.com
- Diamond Facilities Support - www.diamond-fs.com
- Luke Evershed
- Moni & Nick
- Diana Andras
- Paul Dockerill
- Lois Tozer
- Peter Ludwig
- Stewart Desson
- Smita Tharoor
- MiriamIan Holtedahl Finlay
- John East
- Nick Pont
- John Newman
- Shirley Saunders
- Nina Guha
- Gail Proudman
- Karen Griffith
- Donna O'Brien
- Chrishanti Shah
- Sam Adams
- Anda Cobori
- Adam Mansell
- Sorina Cobori
- Nisha Mangar Almeida
- Cera & Sebi
- Katie Byrne
- Toby Brooks
- Kevin Rawle
- Paddy Fenna
- Jaime Fenna
- Isobel Calladine
- Moira McMillan
- Joanne Ferns
- Samantha McKendrey
- Lisa Hopkins
- Manlio Mannisi
- Stephen Kill
Many thanks all!
Alternatively you can donate by texting from your phone.
Text the code SEEA99;
State the sum you want to donate (i.e. £5, £10, £20, etc)
Send the text to 70070.
Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.