Thank you for visiting Ella's fundraising page.
Makeala Chappell and Wayne Drury's baby girl Ella was born on 29th March 2008 in the Royal United Hospital, Bath and was soon transferred to the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at St Michaels Hospital in Bristol due to complications during birth.
Due to these complications Ella suffered very severe brain damage and very sadly passed away on 2nd April 2008 at the age of 3 days and 21 hours old.
Ella's parents have decided to raise money for the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at St Michael's hospital, Bristol because of everything the staff there did for Ella to make her short life as comfortable as possible. Their help will never be forgotten, because of them they were able to spend precious time with their little angel, Ella.
Although you may think many specialist units like this one in Bristol are funded by the government in fact the majority of their equipment used is funded by their charities. For example the equipment used by Ella alone was worth over £500,000 and the transport used to take Ella from the Royal United Hospital in Bath to St Michael's Hospital in Bristol was provided by charity. Without this key measure Ella's life could have been far shorter. You can find out more about the charity at http://www.grandappeal.org.uk/pages/cots_tots.html.
As you can see a very respectable amount has been raised already, this has come from various fundraising events like:
- Halloween with The Wurzels! A charity music concert held at The Civic Hall on 31st October 2009, support act Monkey See Monkey Do
- A sponsored walk/run was held in Trowbridge Park on 9th August 2008 - included a tombola and nail painting
- BBQ at Southwick Village Hall 9th August 2008 - included a raffle and a charity BBQ!
- Car boot sale
- Charity Horse & Carriage rides in Lambourne
- Various Jockeys donated their riding fees for a weekend
- Outpatients Jail Break from Trowbridge Hospital to Melksham Rugby Club
- 'Mad Dash' along carnival route in Melksham
- Street Party in Melksham
- Charity Cake Sale
- Charity Fight night at Civic Hall, Trowbridge
Donating through this site is simple, fast and totally secure. It is also the most efficient way to donate: The Royal Hospital For Children Bristol Appeal Limited will receive your money electronically and, if you are a UK taxpayer, an extra 28% in Gift Aid will be added to your donation at no cost to you.
Please donate generously.
Many thanks for your support it really does mean a lot.