All praise is due to Allah, Who has allowed us to witness another month of mercy.
Running and sustaining a large mosque is a difficult and strenuous task. Public donations are very important; they ensure the mosque meets its operational costs and can be properly maintained, so that it can continue to deliver much-needed services to the community. We need your support for these projects and services for the community, and to help promote the beautiful, peaceful message of Islam. The generous donations given by people such as yourself have been crucial to our success, by the blessings of Allah.
The Mosque provides all these for the community:
- extended prayer space for men and women – around 7000 can now pray in congregation here
- expanded range of women’s projects including a counselling service
- education facilities for girls and boys
- a dedicated visitor centre so non-Muslims can observe prayers and learn about Islam
- facilities for a bigger, better funeral service
- health and fitness gyms for men & women
- the converted Synagogue building, for now being used as a Zakat centre
- around 100 shahadahs taking place every year
- schools for children to learn Islam, Hifz and National Curriculum
- the Friday khutbah delivered in 4 languages – Arabic, Bangla, English and BSL
- charity collections – dozens of Muslims charities come to collect for good causes at the mosque, raising over £250,000 last year the ELM Archive project and strong room – preserving the history of the local Muslim community of this, the oldest London Mosque
- regular Islamic circles and classes for men and women, counseling & health initiatives, free legal advice
- and much more…
We want to be able to achieve even more as a community, and a leave a legacy that will bear fruits in the Hereafter, insha’Allah.
The Mosque is still in debt from building the Maryam Centre then purchasing the Synagogue building. It also has to meet significant running costs: at present the cost for water, electricity, gas, security, cleaning and maintenance comes to over £650,000 per year – hardly surprising when you realise we have a footfall of over 30,000 every week, increasing to more than 70,000 in Ramadan!
This Ramadan, help us by donating any of the packages below:
- Water - £75 per day (£27,375 p/y)
- Gas - £100 per day (£36,500 p/y)
- Security - £275 per day (£100,375 p/y)
- Electricity - £300 per day (£109,500 p/y)
- Repairs & Maintenance - £375 per day (£136,875)
- Cleaning - £700 per day (£255,500)
"The mosques of Allah are only to be maintained by those who believe in Allah and the Last Day, and establish prayer, and give zakah, and do not fear except Allah.” [Qur’an 9:18]
The need is greatest now; we pray that Allah (SWT) gives us all the tawfiq not to miss this opportunity.
DONATE BY PHONE:
020 7650 3000
DONATE IN PERSON:
Cash, Cheque or Credit/Debit card
DONATE BY BANK TRANSFER
Sort Code: 40-02-33