I was roped into this bike ride by my boss who clearly overestimated my cycling abilities! However, the charity we are riding for - 'Prostate Cancer UK' is so incredible that I have decided to don my padded cycling shorts and give my bottom and the 240 km challenge in 2 days a good kicking.
I must admit I didn't know a huge amount about Prostate Cancer UK previous to signing up for the event but reading some of the facts about prostate cancer and finding out about what they do to help and support those with it really hits home.
Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men in the UK:
· Every hour one man dies from prostate cancer - that's more than 10,000 every year.
· Over 40,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer every year - that's more than 100 men diagnosed every day.
· It's estimated that by 2030, prostate cancer will be the most common cancer.
· One in eight men will get prostate cancer.
· Two out of three adults don't know what the prostate gland does.
They have a helpline of specialist nurses for anyone looking for answers or just to chat to someone who knows and understands about the disease. As well as support volunteers, support groups and an online community.
Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity. So it’s the most efficient way to donate – saving time and cutting costs for the charity.