Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
This May, myself and 11 colleagues are attempting the 10 peak challenge to raise money and awareness for Mind Charity-
- 1 in 10 children have a diagnosable mental health disorder – that’s roughly 3 children in every classroom
- 1 in 4 of us will experience some kind of mental health disorder every single year.
- 1 in 5 young adults have a diagnosable mental health disorder
- Half of all mental health problems manifest by the age of 14, with 75% by age 24
- Almost 1 in 4 children and young people show some evidence of mental ill health (including anxiety and depression)
- Suicide is the most common cause of death for boys aged between 5-19 years, and the second most common for girls of this age
- 1 in 12 young people self-harm at some point in their lives, though there is evidence that this could be a lot higher. Girls are more likely to self-harm than boys.