Easter Fun Day – Do it for Daisy
In May last year our world changed forever, when beautiful Daisy Brooks was diagnosed with DIPG - Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Giloma. DIPG is a type of brain tumor found in the part of the brainstem on the lower back of the brain, near the top of the spinal cord. DIPG primarily affects children between 5 and 7 years old.
Daisy underwent pioneering treatment at Bristol Royal Hospital for Children, but we lost her in November 2014, the day after her seventh birthday. Within 6 months she had been taken from us and she was so very brave and strong during her care, she was such an inspiration.
Daisy was my little girl's best friend and Daisy's family Anna, Louis and her little sister Poppy are like family to us. We all miss Daisy terribly. We would give anything to have her back to enjoy these days with us, instead we will put all our efforts into raising funds to help future treatment, research and awareness to fight this terrible disease and offer a brighter outlook for the family of any child who is diagnosed.
We are planning lots of events, one of which is an Easter Fun Day in memory of Daisy and hope it will raise much needed funds for the Funding Neuro team and their invaluable research. We hope too it will be great day out for the family. We would love it if you could join us on Good Friday (3rd April) 12pm - 4pm for lots of Easter Fun at The Thatchers Arms, Hall Road, Mount Bures, CO8 5AT.
If you buy your "Doing it for Daisy Easter ticket" , you can enjoy:
- An Easter Egg hunt for the children
- Easter Crafts
- An Easter Treat for each child
To pre book tickets for the event please do the following:
· Please make a donation of £5 per child attending the event to this page (£6 on the day). Please note, for pre-booked tickets no actual tickets will be issued I will have a record of those attending on the day.
· Please confirm your name, number of children attending and their age.
· When you are asked to confirm whether you'd like to add Gift Aid, please untick the box that says 'Yes, add Gift Aid'. Gift Aid should not be claimed on donations made in return for tickets.
· If you wish, once your donation has gone through, when you see this: “I'm happy to be contacted by" please tick the box next to my name. Justgiving can then share your contact details with me and I can send you a confirmation of your place at the event.
· You can also text donations to ESTA69 £5 to 70070. After that you can send me a text on 07850 206657 confirming your name, donation and how many children are attending.
· If you cannot attend and wish to just donate please feel free to use this page and tick the box for Gift Aid. Thank you. .....LETS DO IT FOR DAISY