My name is EVIE
I have been fund- raising for White Lodge Centre for a few years. I have already completed an Auction, Sky- Dive & Trek in Petra, Jordan.
I have always wanted to contribute in some way to make things better in a positive way. As I have been living with disability myself, I always want to set a positive example. This year I lost my mother who always told me to have a positive outlook in life.
Everest Base Camp Trek 2017
This is probably one of the hardest challenge I have ever signed up to do!!!!! The trek will be over 18 days where we will prepare our bodies for high altitude. This will be a spiritual & humbling experience that I will remember for the rest of my life.
From Kathmandu we fly to Lukla Trek To Phakding - 2,650m follow by Trek Sherpa capital Namche Baazar - 3,400m we acclimatize. Trek to Khumjung- 3.795m and Tyangboche - 3867m passing monastery. Trek to Dingboche - 4,350m where we rest. following day we Trek Dingboche to Lobuje - 4,928m We Trek to Everest Base Camp to Gorak Shep - 5,280m Trek To Pheriche - 4,245. We decent down to Namche Bazaar and Lukla follow by flight to Khatmandu.
Anything that you can donate will be much appreciated and everything raised will go to the White Lodge Centre.
It costs £2.5 million a year to run White Lodge Centre which is not fully met by statutory resources. Here’s how your donation will help:
- £25 is the cost of a play-worker to support a disabled child for half a day at a specialist holiday play scheme.
- £50 will pay for one session in the hydrotherapy pool for a disabled child or adult.
- £100 will pay for two physiotherapy sessions for a disabled child or adult.
Thanks to the support White Lodge Centre has received over the last year, this is some of what they have been able to achieve:
- 431 people benefited from hydrotherapy
- 142 children and young people accessed their playschemes
- 104 adults and 63 babies and children accessed their therapy services
- 42 individuals were supported through their Face2face service
To learn more about White Lodge Centre, see a video of the centre ‘in action’ or take a virtual tour of the facilities please visit: www.whitelodgecentre.co.uk
EVIE - MOUNT EVEREST BASE CAMP TREK 2017
Supporting adults & kids living with disabilities for White Lodge Centre because I love what they do!
We provide a variety of essential services to to support disabled children and adults
Charity Registration No. 286238