FIGHT LIKE A GIRL CHARITY WORKSHOP/OPEN DAY
In celebration of the launch of our first regular club for women, we are donating tickets for a self-defence workshop to raise money for the charity we have supported from the beginning.
The workshop will be taught by Sifu Della O'Sullivan who is a kung fu master in the art of Wing Tsun who began her journey through surviving violence.
After 13 years and achieving a master level in her discipline she founded and created the fight like a girl programme where she has taught 100s of women across the capital.
The programme has been featured on BBC News, ITV news, and the Evening Standard.
The topics of the workshop include:
- How to be more aware and minimise chances of being attacked
- How to overcome freezing and fear.
- Sexual harassment… what it is and what to do about it!
- How to get out of grabs and chokes…
- How to prepare and stay safe on ‘to and from’ journeys
- What to do if you are grabbed from behind and/or picked up
- How to defend yourself from the ground
- How to recognise and avoid dangerous situations…and the first thing you should do if you find your self in one
"Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim"
Saturday 8th June 2019
Nuffield Health, Covent Garden, WC2H 9SA
PLEASE DONATE WHAT YOU CAN!
THE NORMAL PRICE IS USUALLY £30 AND WE WANT TO RAISE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE FOR BEDE!
MUST WRITE TICKET WITH YOUR DONATION TO REGISTER! ONE DONATION PER TICKET.
TO ONLY MAKE A DONATION TO HELP THE CAUSE JUST SIMPLY DONATE.
OR EMAIL firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.