Angus and Wiz are taking on the London marathon to raise money for the Fiona Walker fund, which was set up in memory of our sister.
It was six years ago that Fiona passed away at only 19 years old. In upper sixth, she started having numbness in her leg. After a few rounds of scans and nothing showing up to begin with, it was confirmed that she had a tumour at the top of her spine.
Fiona was at the age where she was at last getting her independence. She was meant to go on a gap year and she had a place at university but that all got taken away from her.
Not having her around has left a hole in our lives and we just want to do whatever we can to improve the outlook for other families.
We would be hugely grateful for any donation to the Fiona Walker fund, which aims to identify new information about brain tumour behaviour and treatment by using clinical information and donated tumour tissue.
Every little donation helps. For more information on what your donation could do for this cause, please take a look below:
· £200 will provide valuable laboratory materials to grow new cells in culture
· £500 will provide the materials to perform new types of blood test
· £2,000 will provide pump priming investment to develop new human cell lines to be used for testing drugs
· £6,000 will support the collection of a wide range of patient data,
including detailed information on patient tumour samples, allowing the development of new models to test in the clinic and feed into drug discovery
· £10,000, will help employ a specialist research nurse for an extra
day every week, speeding up the testing and implementation of our new blood test