Our ray of sunshine is gone
Known affectionately as J-Mac, in the six years Jessica McEnroe worked at DC, she filled our days with sunshine.
Jess suffered from a very rare illness called ‘Mixed Connective Tissue Disease’ and was planning on starting a blog called Unpredictable Sunshine to help others. During this time she had a logo designed and because we want to make sure her memory lives on, Unpredictable Sunshine will now be our way of raising money for The UK Sepsis Trust on her behalf. It’s a little piece of Jess.
Our agency goal is to raise £50,000 through various fundraising activities, so please keep checking back to see what we're up to. Here are some of our plans so far:
- Great North 10K - Sunday 8.7.18
- PK Motors Charity Golf Day - Thursday 19.7.18
- Tough Mudder York - 'Team Jess' - Saturday 28.7.18
- Skydive - Sunday 2.9.18
- Junior Great North Run - 'Team Unpredictable Sunshine' 8.9.18
- Great North Run - 'Team Unpredictable Sunshine' - Sunday 9.9.18 (this falls on Jess’ birthday)
- The Big Fat Agency Quiz of the Year - 4.10.18
- Drummond Central Bake Off - November 2018
- Skydive 2 - Saturday 24.11.18
So why The UK Sepsis Trust? Jess’ illness meant her immune system was slowly attacking her body. This often resulted in emergency admissions to hospital.
Although this tired Jess, she always approached life stoically and with a smile.
Unexpectedly, having celebrated a pre-birthday meal with her family, Jess was taken to hospital after feeling unwell. Within 12 hours she had died of sepsis.
She was 10 hours short of her 27th birthday.
Our hearts were broken when we lost our Jess on Friday 8 September 2017. She was one of us, part of our family and woven into the fabric of Drummond Central. We are bereft without her.
Our Jess possessed that all too rare commodity – humour. It was difficult not to belly laugh in her company. Her smiley face is something we’ll remember always.
With your donation, the trust can help others stay and shine a little bit longer.