Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
A few of us took up running in September last year. We never thought in that first week we would be signing up for a 10k but here we are. We are raising cash for cldf because gemma little girl has liver disease.... feel free to read the write up written by gemma...
CLDF is a charity very close to my families hearts.
When our beautiful little girl, Sofia, was around 6 months old we discovered that she had problems with her health. We spent the next 12 months having test after test and dozens of hospital admissions. When she was 18 months old we were told by our local hospital that they were certain sofia had a liver disease and we were referred to leeds childrens hospital.
Hearing the words that your child has such a scary illness is awful. But thats where CLDF come in. I discovered them online and sent them an email telling them a little of our story and straight away they got in touch and were so reassuring and supportive.
During those first few months after diagnosis it is a rollercoaster but CLDF made it so much easier to ride!! They provided myself and my family with literature about sofia's condition, introduced me to an online forum where i could meet others with similar conditions and often offered an ear to me!
Just a few facts:
- At Least two children a day in the UK are diagnosed with liver disease. Most of these diseases are life threatening and all mean a lifetime of care.
- There are over 100 different liver diseases that can affect babies, children or young people
- For most childhood liver diseases the cause is unknown
- Liver disease has no cure
- CLDF is the lead charity supporting medical research into all aspects of children's liver diseases
- the voice for young people, their families and adults diagnosed with liver disease in childhood.
CLDF re the only charity in the UK who are hoping to stamp out childhood liver disease completely.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.