Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
As usual with me, this was another last minute sign up for the Hackney Half to try and raise a bit of money for the wonderful St Barts Hospital and their Team. St Barts has treated Hattie (my girlfriend) for Breast Cancer over the last 8 months where she recently finished her final Chemotherapy on the 16th May, marking the end of a momentous occasion for us both.
Please donate anything you can to help support further research into many different cancers at this wonderful hospital. It's thanks to amazing and ever-changing research into Cancer research, meant that Hattie could have the best drugs available on the NHS.
What St Barts. Charity Do:
St Barts charity supports the remarkable work of staff and researchers at the Barts Health group of hospitals and Barts and The London School of Medicine and Dentistry, funding ground-breaking research, state-of-the-art equipment, and innovative healthcare projects.
Funding world-leading research projects at Barts Cancer Institute, as well as enabling talented young doctors to take time out from their clinical studies to carry out vital studies.The difference we’re making
- Funding five translatable research projects at Bart Cancer Institute which have been identified as key targets for research in the next decade
- Recruiting leading scientists to take forward programmes of research
- Enabling researchers to study the cancer stroma, cancer prevention, genomics, and the behavior of cancer cells and how they respond to treatment
- Supporting research in cancer screening and early diagnosis, including the development of new ‘self testing’ HPV kits to make screening for cervical cancer easier and developing a new way to scan patients for prostate cancer, to detect tumours earlier when they are easier to treat
- Funding six clinical research fellows to further research into immunobiology in blood cancers