The challenges that we face in everyday life can be trivial compared to those faced by families who look after a child or young adult with a life limiting condition.
Naomi House and Jacksplace hospices provide that care and support to children and young people who suffer from life-limiting or life-threatening conditions.
The care provided by Naomi House begins when a child is referred, which may be either from birth or from early childhood. It will then continue for as long as a family needs.
This palliative care includes:
Naomi House first opened in 1997 to offer care and support to children who were not expected to live until adulthood. Since then they have helped over 600 families from Berkshire, Dorset, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, West Sussex, Surrey and Wiltshire.
In recent years major developments in medicine and medical technology have meant that more children can now be expected to grow into young adults. As a result, Jacksplace was built in 2010 as a hospice to offer care specifically for young people aged 16 and over.
They need to raise £7 million a year to run their whole service and deliver their plans. They get less than 20% of their charitable expenditure from statutory sources, the remaining amount is raised and donated by individuals, groups and businesses.
A walk is something I can do to help. My target isn't huge but with your help, it's attainable. Every pound helps. Every small donation makes a difference.
Hundreds of children and families benefit from the work of Naomi House each year. Your donation can help to ensure that Naomi House can continue to give them the support they need.
Here are some ways your donation could make a difference:
· £5 could provide art materials for life-limited children and young people to create treasured memories during their short break at Naomi House
· £25 could fund the music room for a day, so that children and young people, regardless of their ability, can enjoy the pleasure of creating and experiencing music
· £50 could run the sensory room for a day, enabling children and young people from across our region to enjoy having their senses stimulated
· £100 could fund one day in the end of life suite, where a child or young person can stay after they die and where their family can be close by until the funeral
· Bigger gifts could do even more
Thanks for reading. Have a look at http://www.naomihouse.org.uk if you want to find out some more information.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity. So it’s the most efficient way to donate – saving time and cutting costs for the charity.