Hi i'm defying my cerebral palsy and past to take on 40 challenges this year. These include bring wheelchair racing to the Southampton half marathon and trekking through the Borneo jungle for the amazing Weldmar.
Weldmar helped care for Mum at home when she had Ovarian cancer. I have made a number of good friends through Weldmar since her cancer.
I wanted to put a big effort in memory of Mum this year, we both got off to a shaky start when I was born with cerebral palsy. She saved me again when she saw the signs of abuse I had been suffering in a school outside of Wimborne and with the help of Dr Johnston at DCH got me out.
Looking on the positive though after all my achievements including 11 marathons and carrying the Olympic torch, I have become a Get Outside champion for Ordnance Survey and I'm now one of Etch Rock's elite bloggers.
I have had some amazing support so far and I'm nearly over 99,000 miles cycled aboard the Red Funnel ferries which is part of my 40 list. The list is small but growing, so far I'm:
- The first wheelchair entry into the Southampton ABP half marathon.
- Trekking through the Borneo rain forest facing steep climbs, hot weather and creepy crawlies.
- Going to get my total on Red Funnel over 100,000 miles cycled (four times round the world)
- Completing 5km on Southampton Airport runway.
- Taking part in the first ever rugger walk between Weymouth rugby club and Dorchester rugby club.
- Weymouth 70.3 Ironman triathlon.
Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.