Thanks for taking the time to visit the Kite Pirate's 'The Halloween Downwinder' JustGiving page.
If you would like to sponsor a kite surfer for this event please make a donation via this page with a message to make it clear who you are nominating!
If you would like to join the pirate crew for the kite surfing downwinder there are a few things you should know first:
- How much: £15 per rider is the minimum suggested donation*.
- Date: Weekend of 27th, 28th October OR 3rd, 4th of November 2018 - see 'Weather'.
- Weather: The event is weather / wind permitting so it could be either weekend with enough wind!
- Where: The downwinder is a one way kite surfing route on the low-tide between Whitstable to Margate or vice versa (depending on prevailing wind).
- Skill level: Riders on the downwinder have to expect (as with all kitesurfing) the risk of 'kite-mare'! We want this to be a fun event but if you're not competent enough to kite and conduct an 'emergency pack down' then this is not for you. However you could sponsor a rider that has the kite skills.
- Attire: Well make it Halloween, but don't forget safety first before fun!
- Jetski: We expect to have one on the water for support in case rescue is necessary.
- Insurance: We advise riders to get or renew third party insurance from the BKSA or similar insurance provider!
- Contacts: If you need more information then you can get in touch with Steve Rawlings: email@example.com or Graeme Rolbiecki: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you're not sure about your pack down but want to join the downwinder we recommend you contact the Kite Pirates and book a lesson:
*Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.