In memory of Rachel Holmes,we have decided to raise money for Lupus UK.
Lupus is a horrible, debilatating auto-immune disease that makes you lose balance, mobility and affects your speech, brain and motor functions.
Rachel was diagnosed with Lupus 3 years ago and we all hoped to find a treatment to cure or halt it but sadly it was not to be.
The Lupus Helpline was a great help to Rachel and we would like to make it possible for more people to receive the same help she did.
• An estimated 5 million people worldwide have lupus and it develops more often in women.
• It is not a form of arthritis. Lupus can damage any organ or tissue from the skin or joints to the heart or kidneys
• Symptoms of lupus come and go, change over time,
making lupus difficult to diagnose. Common symptoms
include joint pain, skin rashes,overwheming fatigue and fevers that can last for days or weeks.
• Lupus is not contagious. You cannot ‘catch’ lupus from
• While there is no cure for lupus, in most cases lupus
can be managed successfully through early diagnosis
and expert medical care.
Thank you in advance for your help. Any support is much appreciated.