Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.The money raised will go towards extending CCP's SWEP (Severe Weather Emergency Protocol) which provides shelter for street homeless to sleep during the winter months. The current funding can only provide the service when the temperature hits minus degrees but the uncertainty of opening times has caused problems for both CCP, as the service provider, and those that are homeless. The extended programme will be rolled out in Cheltenham, Gloucester and Worcester this winter.
- 1 in 5 homeless people are care leavers.
- Up to half of all homeless young people have no qualifications.
- 6 in 10 young people become homeless due to family breakdown.
- 42% of homeless young people have a diagnosed mental health problem.
- 31% have a physical health problem
- 18% have attempted suicide.
Your money will help us to make a difference.