Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
The 2 Andrews Ingman & Lunn have signed up to do THE LAKES BIGGEST AND LONGEST 24 HOURS 71km charity event on June the 18th.
It's to raise money for the local Air Ambulance Service. They do a fantastic job & with no government funding. After my brother Gary's horrific motorcycle accident last April, we feel it's the best way to say thank you to all the emergency services which helped him survive that dreadful day. We would be very grateful if as many of you can support us in this venture.
The challenge is:
1. We start at 8am 18th June by Canoeing the length of Lake Windermere (England’s longest lake) From South to North, then walk to Ambleside.
2. Cycle from Ambleside to Langdale (gateway to the mountains)
3. Walk from Langdale, climb the 3 Langdale Pikes, then up into the central fells and onto climbing Scafell Pike (England’s biggest mountain) We then descend to Borrowdale.
4. Cycle from Borrowdale to Derwent Water.
5. We arrive at Derwent Water in the early hours of the morning and set off on the final leg of the challenge by torchlight. We Canoe the length of Derwent Water South to North.
6. From the Northern end of Derwent Water we canoe the Derwent River to Bassenthwaite Lake.
7. We then canoe the length of Bassenthwaite Lake finishing at the Northern end of the lake at around 7am on the morning of the 19th of June. We will have covered 71km in total on water, bike & on foot, climbing England's Highest mountain & Canoeing England's Longest lake in under 24 hours! & they are only part of the challenge!!!