I am training to ride this epic cycle event this year. This by far surpasses anything I have ever done and will push the limits of my capabilities. And in doing so i will come face to face with my core limitation and be learning to resolve it in my training - myofacial pain syndrome.
As I train, I hold dear the memory of my father who died with Alzheimer's. I also hold dear all those who still suffer with this illness, and those who will suffer in the years to come.
Someone in the world develops dementia every 3 seconds. There were an estimated 46.8 million people worldwide living with dementia in 2015 and this number is believed to be close to 50 million people in 2017. This number will almost double every 20 years, reaching 75 million in 2030 and 131.5 million in 2050.
Almost everyone in the world either knows or will know someone who has or will get Alzheimer's. Alzheimer’s steals our loved ones from us: it took my father and his four sisters. And so, in loving memory of my dear father John Allen-Stevens I am raising funds to support the incredible work that Alzheimer's Society do - to support those with Alzheimer's as well as to fund vital research to help both prevent and cure it.
Your support is vital!
- If you donate just £5 you'll be making a difference
- £10 and you'll be on the front line
- £20 and you'll be a striking a mortal blow in the fight against Alzheimer's
- Anything more and you'll be a hero, not just now, but for the future.
Most importantly, imagine the benefit your help will bring to people with dementia. Imagine the relief, the hope, the new opportunities.
- £800 could pay for an experienced Dementia Support Worker to provide invaluable support for a week, supporting both people with dementia, their family or through supporting carers
- £1400 is enough to pay for a person to attend weekly peer support sessions for an entire year
This is the vital work your donation would support that Alzheimer’s Society does – directly helping Alzheimer’s sufferers, their carers and their families. And in the process we can support Alzheimer’s society’s mission to transform both care and research for a cure to dementia
So please - be a hero and support Alzheimer's in their work! And donate today. Many thanks!