Jamie and Kim's - St John's Hospice - Peru Trek Fundraiser
St John's Hospice on the Wirral provides specialist palliative care and support for patients with severe and progressive disease, usually cancer, and their families.
The cost of providing care to patients and their loved ones is over £2.4 million per year and we are helping to reach this target with your support.
- Fundraising target of £6000 in total (£2000 on Justgiving)
- To trek the Andean trail in Peru over 10 days in August 2011
- To gain help and pull together the local community to raise awareness of the fantastic hospice.
- Allow ALL University of Liverpool students the chance to make a difference.
- Promote fundraising and charity work and broaden its potential amongst young people in the community.
- Holding many charity events within the community.
- HAVE FUN!!!
Why we are involved...
Jamie Box -
I am involved after a personal experience with the Hospice when I lost my father (aged 38) when I was only15 to progressive cancer.
Since then I have also experienced other family members using the hospice for both respite and ultimately palliative care. They do a fantastic job and make such a difficult time as peaceful and comforting as possible.
Kim Gibson -
I have first-hand expereince of the amazing work the Hospice do, both as I lost family members including grandparents and aunts, and more recently as a volunteer working on their wards.
The care provided by the staff in the Hospice is exemplary, and I believe the Hospice is an essential organisation for the Wirral - so I wanted to do my bit to return their help and support by raising as much as possible.