All public donations we raise before 4th March will be doubled by the UK government, meaning AfriKids can reach even more children with your support.
We are so lucky, we have an incredible school, all the facilities we could dream of, healthy and nutritious food, brilliant teachers and a safe environment.
Life in northern Ghana is much tougher and together we've been there 4 times so we've seen it. Families live on £1.50 a day which means the cost of school books and uniforms simply isn't affordable for many and they drop out of school.
AfriKids is working with thousands of families and schools every day to get all children, off the streets, out of mines, out of poverty and into school.
Their work is entirely led by local staff with a simple approach of listening to their communities and empowering them to make sustainable changes themselves. They have won many awards for their work including the 'International Charity of the Year'.
Despite the poverty there is real warmth (and we're not just talking about the sun and the chillies!), a lot of happiness, so much football (!) and dancing and we love being there.
So in April 2019 we're going back with 6 other families to learn more about their way of life and make some more incredible memories. We want to be able to take as much money as possible to do our bit and get more children, just like us, in to school.
Please support us if you can!
Watch the Zaare Challenge 2015 video here - https://youtu.be/GOxSYaz5Hyk
Thank you! Love Josh (Atanga) and Zac (Abolga)Xx
- £3 provides a book for a primary school library
- 14 provides a primary school with crayons for fun and creative activities that
feed a child’s imagination
- £20 supports two children to attend a Child Rights Club where they can learn about their rights through games and activities with friends
- £49 is enough to run a tree planting activity at a school to improve the playground environment
- £61 trains teachers to improve the quality of education and ensure learning is engaging and effective
- £142 runs workshops with parents who never went to school themselves, to help them understand the importance of education and empower them to demand more for their children
- £189 supports a girl at risk of child marriage to continue her education and protects her from being forced to leave school
- £1,017 brings the classroom of one school to life with pictures and learning materials so they are fun learning environments and accessible for all children, including those with disabilities