Thanks for visiting my page.
I'm raising money for the amazing British Heart Foundation's research into cardiovascular disease and cardiac conditions as well as raising awareness of the free two hour Heartstart course available throughout the country. I'd be so grateful for your support.
- One in four people each year die from cardiac conditions
- There are around 7.4 million people living with heart and circulatory disease in the UK: 3.9 million men and 3.5 million women.
- Coronary heart disease (CHD) is the most common type of heart and circulatory disease. It is also the most common cause of heart attack.
- In the UK there are more than 100,000 hospital admissions each year due to heart attacks: that's one every five minutes.
- Around 1.4 million people alive in the UK today have survived a heart attack.
- Over 900,000 people in the UK are living with heart failure.
- Strokes cause over 36,000 deaths in the UK each year and are the biggest cause of severe disability.
- People with a history of heart diseases are at least twice as likely to develop vascular dementia.
- There are more than 30,000 out-of-hospital cardiac arrests in the UK each year. The survival rate is less than 1 in 10.
- Nearly 3.8 million adults in the UK have been diagnosed with diabetes.
The BHFs free Heartstart course is 2 hours and covers CPR, using a defibrillator, choking, unconsciousness and heart attacks.
Find a course near you:
I am going to trek up to Macchu Picchu and deliver Heartstart skills to show that lifesaving skills can be learnt anywhere, any time and be used everywhere.
In 2018 I trekked Mount Everest Base Camp in Nepal, delivered a Heartstart course and raised over £1800 including gift aid for the BHF.
My aim is to raise £2000 with all proceeds going direct to the BHF.
Your support is much appreciated.