My dad died aged 50 on May 22 2016 after battling with Bowel Cancer.
2016 going into 2017 marked a lot of firsts without dad and it was hard for us all.
I found my birthday particularly hard so in 2017 going into 2018 I decided to change that.
On November 9 2017 I turned 25, which is half the age my dad was when he died so I wanted to try and make dad's birthday something more positive by doing something amazing for him.
I took on 26 challenges within the space of a year to raise as much money as possible for Bowel Cancer UK in memory of my dad.
Bowel Cancer is the fourth most common cancer in the UK and it is both treatable and curable if diagnosed early. My dad had Bowel Cancer and it had spread to his liver. Despite undergoing chemotherapy my dad lost his battle.
The challenges were far from easy for me as some were physically demanding, some forced me to face my fears and some were special just for dad.
My uncle Julian Smith, my dad's brother, also joined me on some of my challenges and also took on the challenge of taking on 25 park runs within the year .
I am now continuing to fundraise for this amazing charity in Dad's name.
Here is the list of my completed challenges:
1) Donating blood for the first time
2) No alcohol for the entire year
3) The Cardiff Half Marathon
4) A Wolf Run
5) A Race For Life event
6) A 25-mile cycle ride
7) Climbing Mt. Snowdon
9) Swimming relay
10) Do 25 'kind things'
11) The five valleys walk
12) Tattoo in memory of my dad
13) Go down a zipline
14) Get trained in CPR and get 24 other people trained
15) The inflatable 5K obstacle run
16) Take part in a fishing match or event
17) Take a vow of silence for 25 hours
18) Organise and take part in family and friends five-a-side football match
19) Take on 'The Beast' inflatable course at the NEC
20) Go on the donor list
21) Go vegetarian for a month
22) Complete a high ropes adventure course
23) Northleach 10k Run
24) Water has obstacle course at Cotswold Country Park and Beach
25) Go a month without chocolate
26) Complete Severn Bridge Park Run
Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page and thank you for your support.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity