2015 is the 800th anniversary of the signing of the Magna Carta by King John, persuaded by the Barons from 23 towns and villages across England. The shortest route between them is 800 miles.
I am the Town Clerk of Trowbridge in Wiltshire, one of the 22 Baron Towns, the largest with a town council and one of the few which has grown into a market and industrial town over 800 years.
I will be cycling the 800 miles in aid of two charities; Dorothy House Hospice Care and Re~cycle (Bicycle Aid for Africa). You can make a donation to both or just to one. Follow this link for my Dorothy House Hospice Care page www.justgiving.com/LANCE-ALLAN2
If you want to follow me along the route here is my schedule, listing the 23 Baron Towns.
- Saturday 20th June Start: Curry Mallet, visit: Trowbridge
- Sunday 21st June visit: Long Crendon, London & Greenwich
- Monday 22nd June visit: Walkern, Stansted Mountfitchet, Little Dunmow, Pleshey, Castle Hedingham & Clare.
- Tuesday 23rd June visit: Framlingham & Huntingfield
- Wednesday 24th June visit: Leicester & Belvoir
- Thursday 25th June visit: Pontefract & Helmsley
- Friday 26th June visit: Thirsk, Topcliffe, Skipton & Hornby
- Saturday 27th June cycle over the Pennines again
- Sunday 28th June visit Warkworth, Finish Alnwick.
Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving – they’ll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they’ll send your money directly to the charity. So it’s the most efficient way to donate – saving time and cutting costs for the charity.