I have been selected as one of 40 employees from 25 countries, spread across GSK’s business, and from all levels of seniority to take on this amazing challenge.
Together we will raise more than £200,000 for Save the Children, which will be matched by GSK. In March 2019, we will spend a life-changing seven days trekking up to the 4,550m peak of Ras Dashen in the stunning Simien Mountains, and then visiting a local community to understand more about Save the Children’s work in Ethiopia.
But my challenge begins now. I must start fitness training and, most importantly, fundraising.
Thank you for supporting Save the Children. To know more about the campaign, access https://www.trek-for-kids.com/
So far, besides the free will of remarkable donors around the globe, Latin Americans have raised funds through the following activities:
- Bake for Kids: Sell of sweeties prepared by volunteers
- Bet for Kids: Raffles of backpacks, headsets, and theater tickets donated by our business partners
- Learn for Kids: Sell of tickets to mini-conferences given by volunteers in ROP
- Read for Kids: Sell of donated books
- Dine for Kids: Three raffles of dinner gift cards from a famous restaurant, donated by our business partners
- ERP for Kids: Guided tour in the beautiful landscape of Rio to the ERP system change team, their friends and family
- Concert for Kids: In a record-breaking activity, the Mexican team converted Shakira concert tickets into life-saving remedies
- Listen for Kids: Raffle of a wifi headset, donated by our business partners
- Learn for Kids: Sell of tickets to mini-conferences given by volunteers in JPA
- A Brazilian wedding: family and friends of a noble couple donate through a "gravata solidária"
- Babies for kids: Their were not born yet, but they are already contributing to saving babies on the other side of the Atlantic!
Current and next activities:
- Auction for Kids: A Christmas special
- Rent for Kids: An apartment for rent during New Year's Eve season
- Read for Kids JPA: A bigger, bolder selling of donated books
PS.: Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to Save the Children. So it's the most efficient and quick way to donate. When making your donation to my fundraising page you will be asked if you want to cover the JustGiving admin fee along with your donation. GSK agreed to cover this admin fee, so please choose the 'no' option when prompted to paying the admin fee. 100% of your donation will go to Save the Children. Thank you.