On Friday 25th May we are fundraising for OPEN Youth Trust by challenging local professionals join us in attempting to climb the height of Norwich Cathedral (96 metres) on OPEN’s indoor climbing wall – Norfolk’s tallest indoor wall.
The event was due to take place in 2017 (when OPEN was the Leathes Prior Charity of the Year) but for a variety of reasons was pushed back and so we're delighted to be getting this "off the ground".
We will be welcoming teams of three to join us for a 45 minute time slot, during which they will be challenged to climb the 96 metres between the team, in the quickest time possible. Before teams take on the challenge, they receive a full health & safety briefing from the specialist team at OPEN, kitted out with the necessary equipment and “shown the ropes” on the wall (excuse all of the puns). The team that climbs the height in the quickest time will be crowned the winner.
The charity climb will be taking place between 9.30am and 6.00pm on the 25th May, so please do pop by to support the teams and have some refreshments in the OPEN cafe whilst you watch them take on the challenge.
In order to raise funds for OPEN, we would be very grateful for a donation towards the cause. All funds raised will go directly to OPEN and therefore the young people of Norwich and Norfolk.
- £5 can pay for a hot meal for a homeless young person;
- £10 can pay for one hour of one to one employability coaching for a young person;
- £20 can pay for a bursary placement on one of our holiday courses;
- £50 could pay for two disadvantaged young people to gain a level one recognised accreditation to enhance their CV;
- £100 could pay for 12 young people lacking in self-belief to take part in a one day course aimed at raising self-esteem, aspirations & improving mental health;
- £240 could pay for 42 young people who face multiple barriers to have one hours tuition on our climbing wall to promote positive wellbeing, health & team work; or
- £500 could pay for delivering a sensory disco aimed at young people with disabilities.
Teams wanting to get in a bit of practice before the big day are welcome to do so by booking a session on the climbing wall with Dan Jeffrey at OPEN at firstname.lastname@example.org.