Place your bets!
Welcome to Lost In Suffolk 2016!
Having had loved ones affected by life threatening diseases, that required the intervention of transplant, there was good reason between these friends to want to try and raise some money, to say thank you for the countless hours of hard work by Papworth staff, and vast sums of money spent in the research of transplantation.
This event is to raise money for the Papworth Hospital Charity Papworth Hospital Charity.
After the success of Lost In Suffolk 2014, raising an impressive £1533.85 we are back for 2016, to once again get lost in Suffolk (ok, and a bit of Norfolk).
This year's target is £2000!
Place your bets!
4 teams of 2 people will ‘get lost’ in Suffolk/Norfolk. They will be abandoned in a small village in Norfolk and must then navigate back to base camp (Claydon, Ipswich), approximately 40 miles away . Each team has a pre-determined mode of transport they must stick to in order to complete the challenge: train, bus, bike or hitch-hiking. The location has been carefully chosen so that each team has an equal chance of being the first ones back.
The public are being invited to place bets on which team will make it back first. Follow the guidelines below on how to place your bet, or visit www.lostinsuffolk.co.uk for more information.
- The teams will be dropped off together and are racing to be the first ones back to base camp.
-Each will be using a different method of transport (tandem-bike, bus, train and hitch-hiking).
- Their movements will be live tracked during the event for people to keep track of their favourite teams. Keep an eye out for the live video diaries and tweets!
- Those who bet on the winning team will be entered into a prize draw for a selection of prizes kindly donated by local businesses.
- Every £1 you donate counts as one entry into the prize draw. So the more generous you are, the more chances you have to win a prize (assuming your team wins!) and you'll also be helping to save lives.
How to bet:
- You can place your bets using Just Giving. Use it as per normal as if you were making a donation, but please be sure to include your full name, who are you betting on, and how much. This information should be put in the message box when the donation (bet) is made. You MUST also visit www.lostinsuffolk.co.uk and fill the "Donate and Bet" form in at the bottom of the page, so we can let you know if you have won a prize. If we don’t have this information, we will not be able to enter you into the prize draw!
- Examples of what your message on JustGiving should look like are...
“Good luck! I have donated £30. My bets are £10 for Team A, £10 for Team B and £10 for Team C”
“Good luck! I have placed a £10 bet on Team A”.
- If you would just like to make an outright donation and do not actually want to bet on any teams, simply use the Just Giving page as per normal, without specifying any teams for bets.
- Don’t forget, the more you bet, and the more teams you bet on, the better your chances of winning!
- All money raised will go directly to Papworth Charity Hospital
- For a full list of prizes, visit www.lostinsuffolk.co.uk