Thank you for visiting our page! This is our page where we fundraise and log our donations from all of the events we have supported for Kidney Research UK.
The current event we're fundraising for is our Race for WORLD KIDNEY DAY on 14th March 2019.
Other events logged here include:
- The London Bridges Walk 2017 and 2018
- The Raspberry Pi Bake Sale
- Bucket Collections at Leyton Orient Football Stadium
- Bucket Collections at Stratford Station
We also supported the CMB HR Bake Sale (an additional £1,208 held on another JustGiving Page).
I (Louise) have had Chronic Renal Failure since age 8. Having reached Stage 5 End Stage Renal Failure in January 2018, my life was saved by a now friend and live kidney donor, Kayleigh Wakeling. We are now post transplant and continuing our journey, being advocates for live kidney donation and support for Kidney Research UK.
Although I am so lucky to have found an amazing donor, Kayleigh, there are many people like me, both pre and post transplant, who need medical support. We’re therefore continuing to raise awareness and support for the following:
- There are three million people in the U.K. with kidney failure right now. There is no cure other than transplant.
- There are an estimated 40,000 to 45,000 premature deaths each year in people with CKD.
- The number of people receiving end-stage kidney therapy (dialysis) has increased by 29% in recent years.
- Treating chronic kidney disease costs more than breast, lung, colon and skin cancer combined (not to say it is more important, but it also needs investment)
To donate to the cause, please do so on our page. Any donation, little or large, is gratefully received.
If you would like to take things further and consider donating a kidney to save a life, please see the below page for information.
Thanks to all as always,
Lou and Kay