Thanks for taking the time to visit my JustGiving page.
As 2018 holds a significant birthday (30, obviously) I thought a new challenge would be in order - it's time for a triathlon! Starting easy, it's sprint distance - so 750m swim (equivalent to about 30 normal lengths of a pool), 20km bike and a 5 km run in June, followed by an Olympic distance (double - 1 mile swim, 40 km bike, 10k run) in July.
I have never done a triathlon. Specifically:
- I haven't ever properly swum in open water.
- I don't own a wet suit.
- I am a big wuss when it comes to cold water.
- I don't own a tri-suit and, more importantly, my body is not yet 'tri-suit ready'. (Those things are unforgiving...)
- I haven't ever tried 'clipping in' when out on my bike. (There might be quite a bit of toppling over.)
- (The running should be fine, I have done the running bit before...)
But more importantly, I wanted to fundraise for Cancer Research UK. Too many people I know and love have been affected by cancer, and it's only through the research of charities like Cancer Research do we stand a chance of beating it. Their groundbreaking discoveries to date mean we know more about different cancers and, vitally, how to treat them, which means over the last 40 years cancer survival rates have doubled. This life saving work relies solely on the donations they receive.
Donating through JustGiving is simple, fast and totally secure. Your details are safe with JustGiving - they'll never sell them on or send unwanted emails. Once you donate, they'll send your money directly to the charity. So it's the most efficient way to donate - saving time and cutting costs for the charity.